Pages

Wednesday, March 30, 2011

A Plantain for Your Membrane

Thursday March 3, 2011
 Photo Name According to some health experts, eating sweet plantains can help fight Seasonal Affective Disorder (SAD), or as it's more commonly called, "the winter blues." When I get a touch of SAD, I usually fight it with chocolate, but it is nice to have another option.

It may be tryptophan, a natural mood enhancer, or the high levels of vitamins C, B6, B12, but whatever it is, I can report I felt pretty happy after eating these golden-browned beauties. When you pair this fried sweet plantains recipe with some black beans and rice, you're talking about a simple, frugal, and quite delicious dinner. I really hope you give them a try soon. Enjoy! 

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
Products 2011. Design by Quazabka

Themes By Quazabka